$1500 JobKeeper Payments
Doing business in Australia has become difficult over the last two months. Help is on the way from the Australian Federal Government with JobKeeper Payments, if you meet the criteria.
Keep in mind, via your payroll systems (STP), you will determine to which employees to claim for and for which periods you wish to claim.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause challenges around the world, we at Acacia Consulting Services are here to support you with timely information for your business.
The steps to take to enroll for the JobKeeper payment:
- Step 1 – Register your interest and subscribe for JobKeeper payment updates.
- Step 2 – Check you (as a business) and your employees meet the eligibility requirements.
- Eligible Employer criteria – https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employers/eligible-employers/
- Eligible Employee Criteria – https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employers/your-eligible-employees/
- Step 3 – Continue to pay at least $1,500 to each eligible employee per JobKeeper fortnight (the first JobKeeper fortnight is the period from 30 March to 12 April). Your software need to be established correctly to record any top up payments you make to those.
- Step 4 – Notify your eligible employees that you are intending to claim the JobKeeper payment on their behalf and check they aren’t claiming JobKeeper payment through another employer or have nominated through another business.
- Step 5 – Send the JobKeeper employee nomination notice to your nominated eligible employees to complete and return to you by the end of April if you plan to claim JobKeeper payment for April. Keep the completed Employee Nomination form on file and provide a copy to your employee.
- Step 6 – From 20 April 2020, you can enrol with us for the JobKeeper payment using the Business Portal and authenticate with myGovID. You must do this by the end of April to claim JobKeeper payments for April.
- Step 7 – In the online form, provide your bank details and indicate if you are claiming an entitlement based on business participation, for example if you are a sole trader.
- Step 8 – In the ATO Business Portal specify the estimated number of employees who will be eligible for the first JobKeeper fortnight (30 March – 12 April) and the second JobKeeper fortnight (13 April – 26 April).
Register Your Interest – https://www.ato.gov.au/general/gen/JobKeeper-payment/
Enrol For The JobKeeper Payment – https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employers/enrol-for-the-jobkeeper-payment/
JobKeeper Payments and your Accounting Software
Now that the legislation is passed, can take the necessary steps you need to take to provision this subsidy in your accounting / payroll product.
In the meantime, if you have any questions about current trading conditions, your business and its options, your software, or even if you want a friendly and familiar voice to chat with, please Contact Us or call us on ph +61 (3) 8560 5220 .